Ahrensburg, 7 November 2019. Environmental protection is clearly an important, if not the most important, issue of the future – for companies just as much as for private households.
One of the key factors in this aspect is the reduction of Co2 emissions in order to achieve a sustainably positive correction of our climate footprint. Considering that, on average, each of our service cars clocks over 60,000 kilometres per year – plus the associated fuel consumption and exhaust emissions, the experimental conversion of the company’s service fleet to more eco-friendly alternatives is both a clear statement and the conscious decision to continuously improve NORDLAND’s ecological footprint.
At present, the test run of electric vehicles is limited primarily to service visits and business trips in and around Hamburg – the cars’ limited range as well as the currently still patchy network of charging stations has, so far, restricted comprehensive, nation-wide utilisation.
However, small steps forward also lead to success: “For us, testing the e-car as a more environmentally friendly means of transport for everyday use is an important step in the right direction” explains Matthias Holz, Managing Director at NORDLAND. “We work with innovative technologies every day, and therefore aim to act progressively and pursue an eco-friendly approach when it comes to our fleet of company cars as well. We regard using the e-car as an important experience and source of information in view of a possible changeover to further hybrid- or electrically-driven cars in our fleet.”
Petra textet bereits seit über 10 Jahren für NORDLAND und freut sich Neuigkeiten aus der DS-Welt mit Ihnen zu teilen.
- Those who treasure fond memories live twice. (Franca Magnani, 1925 – 1996)
- NORDLAND INSIDER: Bodo Malzahn, “Lord of the Standards”.
- NORDLAND INSIDER. Smart, sustainable, low emissions: NORDLAND tests the first e-cars in its service fleet
- Kölle Zoo focusses on customer communication with a wow-effect: “woof-woof”! – NORDLAND implements Digital Signage solution into new communication concept designed by the dan pearlman Group
- NORDLAND again SCC** re-certified – It’s safe to say: The Best in the North